What is this blog about?

My name is Lori. In August, 2014, I plan to hike the Camino de Santiago trail. Feel free to join me on my adventure by following me on this blog.

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Wednesday, August 26th (day 14)
This morning was our first chilly morning. I was warm at night in my sleeping bag, but putting on my still wet (from sweat) clothes to hike was a shock. We packed up quickly and were on the trail by 7am. It wasn't a particularly long day, 10.6 miles, but we had conjured up a plan last night to get into town today and stay an extra night at the hotel. We had planned to get to the Hyde Away Inn tomorrow. However, Detroit was out of food and had a friend picking her up at Lincoln Gap to take her to town. It was just 1 mile before our nights destination, so we decided to hop in the car too. We are staying in the hotel tonight, and tomorrow. Detroit (who lives in the area now) will drive us back to where we left off so we can slackpack (carry a light backpack with just a days essentials) to the spot we would need to get off to come back to the hotel for a second night. Luxury!
We had a great hike with some awesome views today.

The Hyde Away Inn is a great place. Very comfortable, and super nice staff. We had dinner at the bar, which is a locals hangout. I'm so glad we will be here two nights. I also had a sweet care package waiting for me from Mr. Alex, that they set right on my bed. How nice!

1 comment: