What is this blog about?

My name is Lori. In August, 2014, I plan to hike the Camino de Santiago trail. Feel free to join me on my adventure by following me on this blog.

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Aug. 13, 2015
My first day on the Long Trail was good. We had good weather, though it rained a little right as we were arriving to the shelter. For this reason, Teri (zippy) and I decided to sleep in the shelter tonight. We were also both pretty tired. 14 miles on the first day is a lot for backpacking. My backpack weighs in at just under 30 lbs. We have another long day planned tomorrow so we are already In bed by 8pm. We are camping with several AT thru hikers tonight. It's funny to me how bad I think they smell because I know I was just as bad when I thru hiked the AT. I will probably be close again at the end of this month, but at least I won't notice it as much. Haha. Once on trail, I found my water filter to be clogged and not working, so I'm glad I also brought some backup purifying drops. I also brought a brand new platypus water container that I found defective. Oops! Guess I should have
tested it out first. I can get a new on in a few days when we get into a town. Overall, a good start!

No comments:

Post a Comment