What is this blog about?

My name is Lori. In August, 2014, I plan to hike the Camino de Santiago trail. Feel free to join me on my adventure by following me on this blog.

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Monday, August 24th (day 12)
Today was a difficult day. It's well known that once the Long Trail splits from the Appalachian Trail, it gets more difficult. We already see this happening. The climbs are steep and rocky, but we also got some good views today.

The trail is beautiful and green. When I get the chance to look up without tripping on a root or rock, it's very nice to look at.

Tonight, me, Zippy, and Detroit are staying at the Sucker Brook shelter. After a sleepless night last night, I wanted to sleep in my tent tonight, but it is supposed to rain most of the night. I'd rather not pack up a heavy wet tent in the morning, so shelter it is.

There is also two men camping near the shelter who are hiking for a few days. We only saw a couple other people on the trail today. It was a hard day, but we did it, so it's a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment