What is this blog about?

My name is Lori. In August, 2014, I plan to hike the Camino de Santiago trail. Feel free to join me on my adventure by following me on this blog.

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Saturday, August 15th (day 3)
This morning was a bit rough. Entire body is sore. Zippy got up and told me that her knee was hurting bad enough that she didn't think she could walk today. We slowly moved around the shelter and ate breakfast. After a while, she was feeling better, so we decided to go 4 miles to the next shelter and see how we felt. We got to the next shelter fairly easily. Zippy took some pain medicine and off we went slowly to the next shelter for a total of 8.9 miles. This was our original plan, so we made our goal! It was very nice to get into camp early (2:30), and relax. I set up my tent in the same place as I did 3 years ago on my AT hike. Just like the last time I was here, I'm in my tent with pouring rain right now. We have been very lucky to be in camp before the rain every day, and have stayed dry. It's a lot of fun to re-hike this section and have all my memories of my AT hike come back. We
met a couple last night who are camping with us again tonight. They finish hiking tomorrow. We named them Hotdog and Princess. Hotdog ate an entire package of hotdogs at lunch today. Hotdog really takes care of Princess, and she doesn't mind at all. He cooks, makes camp, packs up camp, and gets all her water. Evidently, princess does most of the work at home, so in the woods, it's Hotdogs turn. It's interesting. Last night, there was a serious flatulent offender in the shelter. I mean super loud, and all night long.
Right now, I am pretty stiff and sore, but very thankful that my body can do this. It's amazing scenery all day long, and great to get out of the noisy city. I'm also very thankful that I have a tent that isn't leaking right now. No cell service today at all, so I'll have to post this tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I can almost smell the forest! Wish I could be with you (for a day or 2) LOL Your pictures are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im calling Hotdog the flatulent offender... You're not going to eat a whole package without suffering intestinal reprercussions! And, ewww! I would love to be there hiking with ya! Pictures are beautiful! 👍🏻😊💗

    ReplyDelete