What is this blog about?

My name is Lori. In August, 2014, I plan to hike the Camino de Santiago trail. Feel free to join me on my adventure by following me on this blog.

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Wednesday, September 2nd (day 21)
It was sad to leave my super soft bed at the Green Mountain Inn. Even more sad that my pack is heavy with 7 days of food. It was still a great day! There's one thing about long distance hiking, and thru hiking. Sometimes you start focusing on miles and getting done, and forget to enjoy everything else. We decided to add a day to our final section of the trail, and enjoy the camping by hiking fewer miles each day. The hike was fantastic. Steep climbs, but great views, and a long break at Sterling pond and a ski warming hut.

We got in at around 3pm today and have relaxed at our shelter with a view of the mountains we have climbed the last couple days.

We are camping with "Outback", who we just met today. Our friend, Detroit, got ahead of us while we took some leisure time at the Inn. We might not see her again, but getting messages from her along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment