What is this blog about?

My name is Lori. In August, 2014, I plan to hike the Camino de Santiago trail. Feel free to join me on my adventure by following me on this blog.

Friday, September 4, 2015

Friday, September 4th (day 23)
With how our schedule worked out for today, we only had 8.2 miles to hike. It was a nice hike, with lots of squawky birds along the way. We took a nice hour lunch break at the top of Laraway mountain.

I zoomed in a little on Mt. Mansfield and could finally see the face. Adam's apple, chin, nose, and forehead. Can you find it?

We were at our shelter very early and have been enjoying the day. Corliss Camp is a nice cabin to spend some time at too.

Tonight, it's me, Zippy, Outback, and Cricket. We have a nice fire going for some evening relaxation.

I almost forgot to mention the cool maple sap lines we have seen the last couple days. I've never seen anything like it. It's really cool. The maple trees are tapped and the sap goes into these tubes, which are spider-webbed down from tree to tree, down the mountain by gravity. Very interesting. Evidently, the sap is boiled down to make maple syrup. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment