What is this blog about?

My name is Lori. In August, 2014, I plan to hike the Camino de Santiago trail. Feel free to join me on my adventure by following me on this blog.

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Saturday, September 5th (day 24)
Last night was a surprise. After not seeing many people on the trail for the last couple weeks, we ended up having 7 people at our shelter. I guess we have been hiking between some hiker bubbles, and slowing down a bit allowed others to catch up. One of the hikers, "Catnap", is someone who also hiked the AT in 2012, only I never met him then. We were both in an AT film that year (Squatch films- flip flop flippin). It was cool to meet him and reminisc. Today's hike was good. The highlight was going through Devils Gultch.

It was a fun section!
After about 10 miles, we met Zippy's husband at a road crossing, and he brought us to their home for the night. An annual neighborhood party was going on tonight, so it was great timing!

We had great food and company, but didn't stay too late. We still have 3 days to hike, so it was an early bedtime for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment