What is this blog about?

My name is Lori. In August, 2014, I plan to hike the Camino de Santiago trail. Feel free to join me on my adventure by following me on this blog.

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Tuesday, September 1st (day 20)
Today was a great relax day. Cathy picked us up at 8am. Since she works for Mt Mansfield park, she has connections. We went to her office and picked up another girl, and a man who followed us to the toll road. The man opened the gate for us (it usually doesn't open until 9am, and she drove us up to the parking area near the the summit. This road is usually $20 +$6 for each additional passenger. We got to do it for free with our new friends in high places! This put us back about a mile and a half from where we left off, but we would much rather re-hike that mile and a half than do the death wish "cliff trail" again. We were hiking above the clouds, and seemed to be the first ones on the mountain.

We passed right by the cliff trail in no time.

The summit is at 4,393 ft.

After a steep decent, we were at the bottom before noon.

We got a pretty quick hitch back to our hotel from a nice girl at the picnic area in Smugglers Notch. Once back to the hotel, I had laundry duty. My down pants and down jacket were the only thing I had to wear. Very attractive, not to mention, it was about 80°.

Later this evening, we both indulged in a relaxing massage. I think I need about 12 hrs more, just on my feet though.

With heavy packs, full of a new food delivery, we are off into the woods tomorrow. It's our last section and we stretched it from 6 days, to 7 days, to more fully enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment