What is this blog about?

My name is Lori. In August, 2014, I plan to hike the Camino de Santiago trail. Feel free to join me on my adventure by following me on this blog.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

The picture below is Speck, Octane, and Karen. They are trail angels, who served us a little trail magic. They set up at a crossings on the trail, and provided cold drinks and lots of food. They served hotdogs and chili (I'd hate to sleep next to those hikers tonight) haha. I had some salt and vinegar chips, cold soda, and homemade sour cream pound cake. Yum! It was good timing because this is where we had set up a shuttle to go to the blueberry patch hostel. We had about a half hour to veg out with the trail angels before our shuttle arrived. 
We only did 4 miles today to get some much needed rest on our feet. 
I am having a problem with my Achilles tendons the last couple days. I need to figure out a solution quick before it prevents me from hiking. Other than that, I feel strong, and my muscles are no longer so sore. I may need to get some different shoes, but unfortunately had no luck finding some in this town. 
I have my feet up right now at the hostel. It is a room with two three-bed bunks, and one two-bed bunk. All but two bunks are taken, so it's pretty cozy. The man who runs the place, Gary (with his wife Lenny), also provides a bathroom/shower room. They are very generous. They will be cooking a full breakfast in the morning. Turtle and Snail (zee Germans), are also staying at the hostel tonight. We went into town for a bit, and when we pulled into a parking lot of a motel with a hiker store, several other hikers shouted "Passionflower! Sparky!". It's pretty cool to be part of this hiking community. 

9 comments:

  1. I'm loving following you on your journey. I can't believe you forgot your ibuprofen tho!! Take care of yourself.. Love yer guts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have other shoes you want sent in the next drop box? And I'm with Jamie, find some ibuprofen! Probably easier to find than shoes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ibuprofen and backup shoes on their way !!! They will be at your next stop :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're sooo awesome Kay!!! Thank You!!

      Delete
    2. I agree with Mom, Kay... You're awesome!!

      Delete
  4. You got trail magic today and it is where I setup lots of times ~ Dicks Creek ! Awesome. Hope you enjoyed Gary and his little hostel. BC will help....Hope all is well and remember " Maine is just over the next Hill". Keep going and U CAN do it.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Over the counter Naproxen .. Kay I hope you send trail runners .. you won't need hard boots until you get north of New York .. ankle supports help as well .. try to sleep with your feet elevated .. I can send any or all ..Tracy..AKA Black Wolf

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you're having a GREAT time Lori!!! I am so proud of you! I have posted one of your pics (that Ed took) as the desktop on both my work computer and my home computer! I tell everyone who will listen about your hike! And I am having such a GREAT time traveling with you through your blog and FB!!! I LOVE YOU so much!!
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stretch them out good...up and down. Hugs...miss you! Kelly

    ReplyDelete