What is this blog about?

My name is Lori. In August, 2014, I plan to hike the Camino de Santiago trail. Feel free to join me on my adventure by following me on this blog.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Hello everyone, Elisa and I are in route to GA. We will start hiking tomorrow. It has been a hectic week pulling all the ends together for this trip. I made a short video about what I have packed in my drop boxes, got it to my computer, and couldn't seem to get it downloaded to the blog. Technical issues to look forward to once I get home, I guess. I will be taking lots of pictures on a camera that I will download when I am home in September. I will also be taking photos from my phone which I will be able to share along the way.
I had some great opportunities this last week to see many of my friends, and got lots of happy Bon voyage wishes. Thanks everyone!
I am a little frustrated right now with my pack weight. I am at about 35.5lbs without water (1 liter of water= 2 lbs). I was hoping to be down to 30 lbs. I will make some adjustments tonight and get a final pack weight.
I guess when you aren't planning to stop hiking for 6 months, extras end up getting added to the pack. I am trying to make my "toss" choices wisely.
Here is our home for tonight...

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be safe and have TONS of fun along the way!!! I love you so much!!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a nice place! :) I am sure you will get your pack to where you want it! And Ditto to your mom's comment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck, and take it easy out there. Start slow! I'm a 2013 hopeful just hanging on following you this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't do like other hiker journal writers and forget to write about your adventure....many have plans to but when you get on those trails, everything else takes precedent.

    And remember, when writing paint that picture for your readers of your blog!

    ReplyDelete