What is this blog about?

My name is Lori. In August, 2014, I plan to hike the Camino de Santiago trail. Feel free to join me on my adventure by following me on this blog.

Monday, July 16, 2012

Another installation of "Letters from the Family"

From Lori's sister, Jamie:


When Lori told me she wanted to hike the entire AT my first thought was, “Why?” Seriously, why would you want to endure all that crap? You really have to know Lori… Know how she enjoys nature the way she does. The way she loves life like she does. All one really has to do is spend one day with my sister; you will walk away with a greater appreciation of the world around you, and a very sore behind from either hiking or walking all day!! She only stops moving to embrace the beauty around. I also know how serious she is about getting to Katahdin and there is NO doubt in my mind that she will get there. From the time Lori was a little girl (we’re talking two years old) if you told her she couldn’t do something, she would formulate a plan to prove you wrong. Sometimes it has been the most annoying and admiring of traits, because she will go to the ends of the earth… To Heaven and Hell to make sure that you are proven wrong. :) When I think of perseverance and tenacity I think of my younger sister. I truly believe there is not one thing in this world she cannot accomplish as long as she puts her mind to it. I knew that she would have a very detailed plan, but so far she has surprised me with how detailed and organized she has been. Kudos to her for that!! I’m very lucky to be Lori’s sister, the fact that she is younger and teaches me far more than I could ever teach her... ehhhh! Oh well!! So lil sis, keep on walkin’… Till we see each other in Maine!

3 comments:

  1. nicely wrote, i'm sure your sister is as proud of you as you of her... sister love is so special... thank you for your post! it's great...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post....I love this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you, sis!! And yes, I have always looked up to my big sister, she's awesome!

    ReplyDelete